A downloadable game
The theme of the GMTK Jam was 'Dual Purpose Design', and my interpretation of that was to change the abilities that are typically taken as a given in a platformer (like running and jumping) and make them be diegetic elements of the world.
The setting of 'Exodus' is that the player is a robot trying to escape an abandoned factory.
In doing so, they stumble upon various augmentations/'gadgets' that allow the player to perform more actions than they could before.
Listed below are the multiple purposes that I tried to make each 'gadget' fit.
(These can be considered spoilers to the game experience so *SPOILER WARNING*)
- Give the player a new action/verb
- Have an active use for interaction with the world and puzzles
- Change the player appearance
- Act as keys to locks in the world
- Interact with other gadgets
- Act as collectibles
- Download the game
- Unzip 'Exodus.zip'
- Run 'GMTK_Jam.exe' in the unzipped folder
- Play the game! :)
- The game uses mouse and keyboard only
- Added Wallpaper 2 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.